Lifestyle audio brand Skullcandy has partnered with a slew of athletes to address topics like societal barriers, mental health, and climate change.
And it’s not just Kai Jones. He’s one of 20 multidimensional athletes, musicians, and visual artists Skullcandy has partnered with to effect positive change.
The yearlong integrated initiative will involve spotlighting each member and their passions, crafts, and community involvement. It will also create content alongside Skullcandy’s Music With a Mission program to support areas of climate and mental health advocacy.
“We were deeply impacted by the events of 2020, and as a brand, Skullcandy felt compelled to use our platform and resources to promote positive change,” said Jessica Klodnicki, chief marketing officer at Skullcandy.
“Sound Without Boundaries is our way of illuminating people who support causes that resonate [with our consumers].”
Skullcandy ‘Boundary Breakers’: Meet the Team
- Kai Jones — freeskier, climate change activist
- Briana King — skateboarder, community organizer, LGBTQ+ activist
- Anna Gasser — big-air snowboarder, Olympic athlete
- Desiree Melancon — snowboarder, photographer, and artist
- Zeb Powell — snowboarder, first Black athlete to win gold at Winter X Games
- Vasu Sojitra — disability advocate, adaptive skier
- Matthias Dandois — world’s best BMX flatlander, analog photographer
- Eero Ettala — snowboarder, filmmaker, producer
- Nolan Cooley — visual artist, autism awareness advocate
- Gianni Lee — visual artist, DJ, fashion designer
- Kyuss King and Rasmus King (brothers) — surfers, actors, musicians
- Hannah Eddy and Tim Eddy (married couple) — snowboarders, skateboarders, artists
- Jamie Tworkowski — surf industry professional, founder of a mental health nonprofit
- Ishita Malaviya — surfer, role model, Shaka Surf Club co-founder
- Mothica — indie-pop singer, mental health advocate
- Dorian Electra — nonbinary/gender-fluid pop artist
- Guapdad 4000 — internet comedian, rapper
The campaign will run through 2021 and feature audio, visual, and animated content, as well as several artist product collaborations. Learn more here.